Now that you’ve been presented with lots of Wayne storage options to consider and useful advice about what type of Wayne storage unit might work best for you, you might be ready to rush off and start packing. But, wait! SelfStorageWayne.com would like to take a moment to offer you some helpful self storage tips before you go! It’s important to properly prepare for packing and loading your belongings into your storage unit, and we can offer you some helpful advice on how to do this efficiently so your experience can be smooth and easy.
- Appliances should be cleaned and dried thoroughly, and doors should be left slightly ajar to allow for proper ventilation.
- Use only about 2-3 different sized boxes so that they can stack easily.
- Leave about an inch between boxes and walls to allow for proper ventilation.
- Store art, mirrors, and picture frames on edge rather than flat to minimize the risk of breakage and to save floor space.
- Prepare a map or “blueprint” of how you plan to lay out your items and boxes within the unit. Remember to keep items you’ll need easy access to up front, and valuables should be stored toward the back.